A batch of coconut chia pudding easily provides days of healthy snacks, desserts or even a fun breakfast treat for you and the kids! This recipe is simple to make, and it deliciously nourishes the entire family. For more details on why chia, coconut and raspberries are so healthy, check out this post. With only 9g carbohydrate per serving (before garnishing) and a healthy dose of fiber, this recipe is terrific for all 3 phases of the Dia postnatal nutrition plan.
Coconut Chia Pudding (serves 8)
- 2 1/2 cups whole, organic coconut milk (Native Forest recommended)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all natural maple syrup or rapadura (unrefined) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
Stir together coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, stir well before spooning into serving bowls. Add an extra drizzle of coconut milk if desired. Top each serving with a sprinkle of cinnamon, unsweetened coconut flakes and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!